Little Tikes Recall 540,000 Swing Seats Due to Fall Hazard
MGA Entertainment, has recalled its Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ’n’ Secure pink toddler swings because of reports of the swing cracking or breaking, potentially leading to a child falling.
There have been 140 reports of the swing breaking. 39 of these incidents led to injuries such as, cuts, bruises, abrasions and bumps to the head. These injuries also include two cases where a child had suffered a broken arm.
Only certain batches of the 2-in-1 Snug ’n’ Secure swing are included in this recall, to find out if your swing seat is affected, check for the following:
- the product has a pink T-shaped child restraint, with the Little Tikes logo
- four yellow ropes are used to suspend the swing
- model number 615573 is moulded on the back of the swing seat, together with a manufacturing date code stamp
- if the inner arrow points to either “10”, “11”, “12” or “13”, then it is included in this recall
- if the inner arrow point to “9” and the number 43 or higher is pointed to on the outer part of the dial then these are also included in this recall
- the product’s UPC (barcode) is 050743615573
No other date codes nor different colours of swing seats are affected by this recall. These products were made in the USA from November 2009 to December 2013 and were sold between November 2009 and May 2014 for around $25. Outlets stocking these swings include nationwide chains, such as, Walmart and Toys “R” Us among others for around $25. It was also available directly from Little Tikes’ own website.
If you have any of these swings, you should stop its use immediately and contact Little Tikes who will provide a refund in the form of a credit towards the purchase of another Little Tikes product.
Little Tikes can be contacted in the USA for free via telephone number : 855-284-1903. Lines are open from 8 am until 8 pm (eastern time), Monday to Friday. You can also contact the company via its website, where there is the option to supply a photograph of the date code of your own swing seat so that Little Tikes can confirm if it is part of this recall.
The company’s website address is : littletikes.com